My regular visitors might remember that I cook, or grill, or smoke on a very regular basis, like daily. On occasion, like today, I share what I am doing, giving the recipe and instructions. Now, I am not anywhere near a professional in any sense of the word, however, over my life I have mastered a large handful of recipes and dishes I I really enjoy preparing. I also enjoy feedback from people who try my recipes at home so I know how it worked out for you. The recipe I will share today just happens to be what is for dinner tonight. I have made this a dozen plus times but this will be only the second time using this particular bourbon. The first time, just after Christmas, left me wanting more than I actually prepared so I decided since I had half a bottle left to have a repeat. Coincidentally, I received this bottle of bourbon as a birthday present so I haven’t actually ever purchased it myself. I know it tastes great straight, served over one ice cube. Anyway, here we go.
Bourbon Cajun Barbeque Pork Loin
- 4 pounds unseasoned pork loin
- 4 cups Texas Bourbon Whiskey (82.4 proof)
- 1/2 cup Cajun blend spices
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cub brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper blend
- 1 cup unflavored apple sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard powder
- In a large mixing bowl blend all ingredients until texture is smooth.
- Place pork loins fat side up in a 6 quart crock pot or slow cooker.
- Pour 1/2 of mixture over meat and using your hands massage the meat covering all sides of meat.
- Pour remaining mixture over the top, making sure it settles into all the crevices.
- Place the lid on.
- Put selector on low for 8 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker and place on serving dish. Wrap with tinfoil and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Slice to desired thickness and serve with your selected sides.
Yes, it is exactly that easy. Those of y’all who cook know that the portions can be reduced to yield a smaller meal if feeding less people. I hope y’all enjoy this recipe and look forward to hearing your personal results. If you like it share it with your friends and family.